in Supply Chains Act of 2010
SNF Inc., and
its affiliates are supporters of the California Transparency in Supply
Chains Act of 2010 (SB 657). The purpose of the Act is to increase the
amount of information available to the public regarding the efforts by
manufacturers and retailers to address the issue of slavery and human
trafficking in their supply chains.
SNF Inc., and its affiliates take the following efforts to ensure that all
individuals within its supply chain are free from slavery and human
1. We incorporate the Code of Basic Working Conditions in the terms and
conditions portion of all purchase orders, a copy of which is included
with all of our purchase orders. Acknowledgment and acceptance of our
purchase order shall be deemed to constitute acceptance and verification
of supplier’s intention to comply with the Code of Basic Working
Conditions. At this time, we do not engage a third party to participate in
2. We seek to verify our suppliers’ compliance with our Code of Basic
Working Conditions by attempting to incorporate the Code of Basic Working
Conditions in all new contracts. At this time, we do not employ an
independent, unannounced audit.
3. We request that our direct suppliers certify that all materials
provided to SNF by the supplier were manufactured by employees who are not
victims of slavery or human trafficking.
4. We require employees of SNF, Inc. and its affiliates, to be familiar
with our Code of Basic Working Conditions and to immediately advise our
management team in the event that a supplier does not comply with those
5. We provide training on human trafficking and slavery to all employees
who have direct responsibility for supply chain management.